We promise to be there when you need us.
Got a question about one of our products before you buy? Need help setting up one up? Need help troubleshooting a problem? Check out some of our most frequently asked questions below. Or, give us a call at 424-757-6150 or email us and we’ll be happy to help you out.
There are 10 total speed settings. Each step down from full power reduces the pumps flow by the following amounts:
1000DC Pump – Each step down reduces pump speed by approximately 2.5%
1600DC Pump – Each step down reduces pump speed by approximately 2.5%
2100DC Pump – Each step down reduces pump speed by approximately 3.5%
3200DC Pump – Each step down reduces pump speed by approximately 3.5%
Installation + Setup
Break-in period (1st week of operation)
During the break-in period (1st week of operation) please set the water adjustment knob arrow to arrow. After the break-in period, the best results are typically achieved by closing / restricting the water adjustment knob slightly.
Pump Operation + Maintenance
The pump features an integrated soft-start to help improve performance and life. If the pump detects an issue it will automatically turn off. After several seconds the pump will automatically attempt to re-start. If this occurs please check the pump to resolve any possible issues/causes. If the pump isn’t performing normally, please check the following:
- Impeller is stuck or cannot spin freely. Check that the impeller can spin freely inside the pump housing. If it cannot, soak the entire assembly in a water/vinegar solution (1 part warm water to 1 part white vinegar) for at least 24 hours or until the impeller can spin freely.
- Pump cannot get the air it needs to work. Check the air intake silencer, air tube and / or volute for any blockages, salt / calcium accumulation or other build-up. Please remove all 3 pieces and give them a thorough cleaning with warm water and a soft toothbrush. It may also be necessary to soak the assembly in a water/vinegar solution (1 part warm water to 1 part white vinegar) for at least 24 hours.
- Check the bubble plate lid inside the skimmer body for clogs, blockages or other debris which may block water flow. Any accumulation/build-up should be removed.
- Check to be sure the air tube is properly attached to both the pump and the air intake silencer.
- Check the entire air tube for damage which may allow water to enter the tube. If water is able to enter the air tube it will significantly decrease the amount of bubbles inside the skimmer body.
Should you experience a lack of airflow in your skimmer the first step to resolving the issue is to clean the air system. Start by pulling the venturi (gray pipe with the clear pipe on the side) straight out away from the pump. Next remove the screw holding the air silencer in place. Once removed you can take the air system to the sink and flush it out with hot water. Salt tends to build up in the venturi blocking the airflow. Reinstall and you should be good to go!
For optimal performance and life, the pump should completely taken apart and cleaned every 90 days. After cleaning we recommend soaking the entire pump and all of its parts in a water/vinegar solution (1 part warm water to 1 part white vinegar) for at least 24 hours until all noticeable mineral deposits are removed. Gently scrubbing the parts with a soft toothbrush during the soaking process will usually help speed up the removal of any deposits.
- NEVER operate the skimmer/pump if it has been damaged or is malfunctioning.
- NEVER operate the control box in a wet location or with wet hands.
- NEVER re-wire, re-configure or modify the skimmer/pump in any way.
- NEVER use with generators.
- NEVER grab the pump or control box by the electrical cord as this may cause the wires to become exposed.
- ALWAYS unplug the skimmer/pump before doing any work on the skimmer.
- ALWAYS leave a bit of slack in the electrical cord to help absorb any pump vibrations.
- ALWAYS use a GFCI (Ground Fault Interrupter).
- ALWAYS keep away from children.
Simplicity Aquatics warrants the Simplicity DC Pumps against defects in material and workmanship under normal use for 3 prorated years from the date of original purchase.
Simplicity Aquatics warrants the Simplicity DC Protein Skimmers against defects in material and workmanship under normal use for 3 prorated years from the date of original purchase.
Simplicity Aquatics warrants the Simplicity Dosing Containers against defects in material and workmanship under normal use for 3 prorated years from the date of original purchase.
During this warranty period, Simplicity Aquatics will, at the company’s discretion, provide prorated warranty service to products as follows:
0-12 Months: within the first year of ownership from date of purchase, repair or replacement of the defective product or any of its components is covered 100% by the company.
13-24 Months: within the second year of ownership from date of purchase, repair or replacement of the defective product or any of its components is covered 50% by the company.
25-36 Months: within the third year of ownership from date of purchase, repair or replacement of the defective product or any of its components is covered 25% by the company.
This warranty may be enforced by the original purchaser only, and is not transferable. All subsequent purchasers acquire the product “as is” without benefit of the limited warranty.
Inbound shipping is to be paid by the customer including insurance costs and other related expenses. If repairs are covered by the Limited Warranty, Simplicity Aquatics will pay all return shipping charges to any destination within the United States. All return shipments will be sent via Ground service. Return shipping to locations outside the United States and expedited return shipping is at the customer’s expense.
Please keep all the original packaging in case the product needs to be returned or shipped. Using the original packaging will help minimize the chance of product damage during transit.
Damage resulting from failure to maintain or use the product in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, damage resulting from accident, abuse, alteration, misapplication, misuse, modification or neglect or damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than Simplicity Aquatics or its authorized repair representative, is not covered by this warranty.
Exclusion of Certain Damages/Losses
Simplicity Aquatics nor any of its authorized dealers are responsible for any incidental and consequential damage including but not limited to commercial loss, incidental expenses or inconvenience.
Limitation of Implied Warranties
There are no warranties which extend beyond the face of the Simplicity Aquatics Limited Warranty. Simplicity Aquatics disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, regarding this product, including any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Some states do not allow the exclusion of the implied warranties. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
Product Support & Warranty Claims
Need help? Problems? Please do NOT return this product to the place of purchase. Please contact us directly at 424-757-6150 or email us and we’ll be happy to help you out.